1. When presented with a diagnosis of Parkinson’s most people will have questions which they would like to put to a knowledgeable professional experienced in the field.
2. Most people want to know what they can do to minimise the effects of Parkinson’s. Neurological physiotherapists will give helpful tips and advice.
3. Regular exercise is a powerful tool to keep the body and mind in the best shape possible. Specific advice for each person helps to tailor the exercise and activity to best address their individual needs and preferences.
4. Assessing and minimising postural asymmetry and any areas of specific spinal stiffness together with postural advice help to optimise posture.
5. Taking baseline measures and providing a monitoring and advisory role is reassuring. The person with Parkinson’s will feel that there is somebody who knows about their physical state and can help them to remain as active as possible.
At Thorpes Physiotherapy we have a team of specialist Neuro Physiotherapists covering the areas around Sandhurst, Yateley and Fleet. We are always happy to discuss individual requirements and explore suitability for treatment over the telephone. If you would like to talk to one of the team, just call 01276 37670
Specialist Neurological Physiotherapist)