How To Stop Chronic, Daily Annoying Knee Pain WITHOUT Injections, WITHOUT Taking Painkillers and WITHOUT Having To Wear A Support or Brace…
If you’re living with bad knees, they’re painful or they ache – it’s very easy to think that it’s “just something that comes with age”, it’s a bit of “wear and tear”, or that it’s nothing and it’ll go away on its own.
You can’t quite point your finger on why you’re feeling pain in your knees – but it doesn’t seem to be getting any better!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, knee pain is one of THE most common problems that we see in our Thorpes Physiotherapy clinics in Sandhurst, Yateley and Fleet
And when it comes to living with Knee Pain, everybody we see wants to know the answers to these questions:
Why is This Happening to Me?”…
“Why am I still suffering with knee pain after putting up with it for 3-6 months – sometimes more?”…
Most people think that when they get knee pain, the pain is going to go away on its own. That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if it never happened… But then 3-6 months later you’re still living with nagging pain even worse than it was when it came on.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our Physio Clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”. But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and maybe a knee support.
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You?
Maybe you are confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have to rest because you’ve been told walking makes knee pain worse, or that you should be doing ‘this exercise’ and ‘that exercise’ to make it better. It’s very confusing to know exactly what to do – and that’s just to avoid making knee pain worse!
And because of this confusion – this often leads people to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their knee pain. Worse, many people just end up accepting it as “part of life”- as if it’s normal, as if it “has” to be that way.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help, all they did was ‘mask’ the pain – and as soon as they wore off knee pain stopped you in your tracks again
3. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
4. You’ve tried using things like knee supports but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain any better
5. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because you experienced severe pain and swelling in your knees, but it still irritates you daily
6. You tried a few exercises from ‘Youtube’ – but they felt painful when you did them, and did nothing to ease the pain.
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physios at our Sandhurst, Yateley or Fleet Physiotherapy Clinic to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Knee Pain?”…
Well, here are 4 things you can do:
1.First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people rest for weeks, hoping that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 3-6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or the pain and swelling gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you ease your Knee pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again – and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3. Avoid sitting in awkward positions – the truth is, you and I were not designed to sit. When you sit and bend your knees, you’re putting your knees in awkward, unnatural positions – which knees aren’t built to be in for too long. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physio – Physio is proven to help people with Knee pain. In fact at Thorpes Physiotherapy it’s one of the most common issues we see people aged 45+ living with. If your Knee pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physio can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physiotherapy team at Thorpes Physiotherapy (clinics in Sandhurst, Yateley and Fleet) can help you live with less Knee pain – we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics:
Note: This Free Discovery Visit is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physiotherapy – unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free Discovery Visit so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physiotherapist at Thorpes Physiotherapy Help You Get Rid of Your Knee Pain?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physiotherapy Team can do for you:
We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness – often inside a couple of sessions
We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your knee pain once and for all – often inside 20 minutes
Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful night’s sleep – we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
We can help you avoid dangerous spinal surgery – and painful injections
We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills!
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that back pain has stolen from you
We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
We can help you to sit more comfortably and walk longer than 15 minutes without your back feeling weak and painful or like it is going to “give-way”…
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic back pain
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our physiotherapy clinics in Sandhurst, Yateley and Fleet, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
“Hear from Happy Clients of Thorpes Physiotherapy ”
Over the last 20 plus years of being a Physiotherapist, I have lost track of the number of times I have heard this comment from patients ‘’I thought...
The following data summary aims to demonstrate and quantify patient outcomes captured using the MSK-HQ between 01/01/23 and 31/12/23. The scores...
Facts about the jaw When people think of physiotherapy, they often think of things like back pain, hip pain or knee pain. Granted, these are the top...