Physiotherapist led Clinical Pilates Beginners Course
In recent years, pilates has become recognised as one of the most effective ways to maintain an active and pain free life. Thorpes Physiotherapy Clinical Pilates Beginners Course is a physiotherapist-led Clinical Pilates course that takes you from the first steps to a real understanding of the principles of Pilates.
The course teaches the basic principles of core stability, pelvic neutrality, key postures, breathing techniques, philosophy and relaxation, which in turn give you more strength, control and physical durability.
Who is Clinical Pilates for?
Almost everyone can benefit from taking part in Pilates. If you tend to suffer with recurrent back or neck pain, are recovering from an injury, or just want to get stronger and fitter, the Beginner Pilates Course can help get you on the right track to achieving long term health and fitness. These beginners courses are suitable for absolute beginners and also for those who want to return to the basics in order to revisit the foundation of their pilates practice and understanding.
However, if you have debilitating back pain, or severe nerve pain / sciatica then you should seek an assessment with a medical professional prior to starting any pilates. You will also need to be able to get on/off the floor with ease in order to complete the movements.
What does it involve?
The course is mat based clinical Pilates and is run by Laura Lewis who is a Senior Physiotherapist at Thorpes Physiotherapy and has 8 years of experience treating musculoskeletal conditions and is Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute (APPI) trained.
Each class will take you through a series of exercises from standing, kneeling and laying on a mat on the floor aimed at maximising movement, control and core activation.
- The course comprises of a one hour long class each week for 6 weeks.
- The classes take place at Thorpes Physiotherapy in Sandhurst on a Thursday evening 6.30pm – 7.30pm in the studio
- The course costs £72, payment in full is needed when booking onto the course.
- A maximum of 8 people is allowed for each class, this low number ensures good instructor to participant ratio, which is important
- Unfortunately, we cannot refund any missed sessions / or add sessions to the end of the course.
- The course is open to the general public, you don’t have to have been a past or present client of Thorpes Physiotherapy
For further information please call our reception on 01276 37670
Specialist Physiotherapist at Thorpes Physiotherapy