Neck & Shoulder Pain
When it comes to living with Neck and Shoulder Pain, everybody we see wants to know:
Most people think that when they get Neck or Shoulder Pain, the pain is going to go away on its own. That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if it never happened… But then 3-6 months later you’re still living with nagging pain even worse than it was when it came on.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our Physio Clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”. But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest.
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You?
Maybe you are confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have a shoulder problem – but it’s actually your neck where the problem is? It’s a very confusing part of the body to work out where the problem is, and this often leads people to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their Neck and Shoulder pain. Worse, many people just end just accepting it as ‘part of life’ – as if it’s normal, as if it “has” to be that way.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Neck and or Shoulder Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills didn’t solve the problem
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Neck and Shoulder pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You’ve tried using things like Ice packs or heat pads but they’ve only provided short term relief
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Neck or Shoulder pain was so bad, but it still irritates you daily
7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was provide short term relief
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physios at our Sandhurst, Yateley or Fleet Physiotherapy Clinic to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING
because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Neck or Shoulder Pain?”…
Well, here are 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that neck and shoulder pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 3-6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you ease your neck and/or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick – and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your back even more like some exercises do).
3. Avoid sitting and sleeping in awkward positions– ever woken up with a painful neck? Or, after a long day spent sitting felt tightness in your shoulders? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to neck and/or shoulder pain is sitting with bad posture, and sleeping in awkward positions. It would really help if you were given appropriate ergonomic advice, corrective exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physio – Physio is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain. In fact at Thorpes Physiotherapy it’s one of the most common issues we see. If your neck / shoulder pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it gets in the way of doing the things you love or need to do, or if the pain is making you more irritable with family and friends – Physio can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physiotherapy team at Thorpes Physiotherapy (clinics in Sandhurst, Yateley and Fleet) can help you live with less neck or shoulder pain – we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics:
Note: This Free Discovery Visit is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physiotherapy – unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free Discovery Visit so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physiotherapist at Thorpes Physiotherapy Help You Get Rid of Your Neck or Shoulder Pain?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physiotherapy Team can do for you:
We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness – often inside a couple of sessions
We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your neck and shoulder pain once and for all – often inside 30 minutes
Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful night’s sleep – we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
We can help you avoid dangerous spinal surgery – and painful injections
We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills!
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that back pain has stolen from you
We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
We can help you to sit more comfortably and walk longer than 15 minutes without your back feeling weak and painful or like it is going to “give-way”…
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of neck and shoulder pain
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our physiotherapy clinics in Sandhurst, Yateley and Fleet, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
“Hear from Happy Clients of Thorpes Physiotherapy ”
On a daily basis we deal with people who have aches and pains or who are injured. One over-riding component that contributes to a lot of the...read more
A recent study into physical activity in adults found that 26% of females and 19% of males were ‘physically inactive’. Physical inactivity is...read more
Hydrotherapy is a series of exercises performed in water often lead by a qualified Physiotherapist, with the aim of providing a therapeutic benefit....read more