Pediatric Physiotherapy in Sandhurst, Fleet and Yateley
Paediatric physiotherapy helps restore, and where possible, improve movement and function when a child is affected by injury, illness or delayed development.
How could my child benefit from physiotherapy at Thorpes Physiotherapy?
At Thorpes Physiotherapy, provide specialised therapy for all children up to 16 years of age, whose parents have concerns about their wellbeing and physical development. We provides the highest standard of assessment and care for children who have:
- physical difficulties in keeping up with their peers or appear clumsy and fall frequently
- neuromuscular problems that affect their mobility and movement
- injuries and imbalances of the musculoskeletal system
- respiratory conditions
- had surgery or will have surgery.
What will physiotherapy involve?
Each child has an initial assessment lasting about an 45 minutes. We will discuss the immediate and long term needs of your child with you to make a tailored treatment programme, which may include:
- muscle strengthening and stretching
- posture, gait and balance training
- improving movement patterns
- promoting development and balance
- training, advice and support for parents and carers
- coaching parents in massage for infants to promote bonding, development and wellbeing
- neurological rehabilitation
- provision of specialist equipment
Our major aim is to help parents to understand their child’s therapy needs and to feel confident in addressing these in the child’s daily life at home. Parents and children are welcome to come back for an update to support their progress towards the agreed goals.
Call 01276 37670 or email email@example.com for an appointment